- If I did not have dogs...
1. I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
2. My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
3. All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of dog
4. When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a boarding kennel.
5. When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through
dog bodies who beat me there.
6. I could sit on the couch the way I wanted, without taking into consideration
how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
7. I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree: like dog bones,
stuffed animals or have to answer to people why I wrap them.
8. I would not be on a first name basis with three vets.
9. The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: Out, Sit, Down, Come,
No, Stay, and Leave Him/Her/It ALONE.
10. My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.
11. My pockets would not contain things like poo bags, dog treats and an
12. I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L or F-R-I-S-B-E-E or
W-A-L-K or C-O-O-K-I-E-S.
13. I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.
14. I would not look strangely at people who think having their ONE dog
ties them down too much.
15. I'd look forward to Spring and the melting of the snow instead of dreading
16. I would not have to answer the question "Why do I have so many
dogs?" from people who will never have the joy in their life of knowing
they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel as they
will ever get.
17. How empty my life would be....